General InformationThe Box Lacrosse season runs from April to the end of June. Provincials are held in July in various provincial locations.
Each team will have two practices per week at the Pomeroy Sports Centre. If weather is favorable, one or both of the practices may be held at an outdoor box within FSJ at the discretion of the Head Coach.
Teams that are a part of the GWN League will play two games on the weekends in select towns TBD. More information about league play is posted below.
Tournaments are held throughout BC and Alberta, and may be attended on the teams' decision.
- Bylaws and Constitution
- Operating Policy (coming soon)
- Parents and Players Guide (Handbook) - this is a large file, please be patient while it downloads
Equipment:Players must be fully equipped to play. No exceptions!
Travel Jerseys: will be used for all league games, playoffs, provincials and tournaments and will be handed out at each game and returned after each game. These are not to be taken home.
League Play:Fort St John Minor Lacrosse is a member of the Great White North Minor Lacrosse Commission.
Our Zone consists of FSJ, Mackenzie, Prince George, Quesnel, Vanderhoof and Williams Lake.
Each town hosts one weekend of games during the playing season from April to June and not all teams will play in every town.
- Peewee and Bantam play 2 games on Saturdays.
- Novice and Midget play 2 games on Sundays.
Tykes are not included in regular league play however they may have an opportunity to play games in the towns where league games are scheduled. If it is determined that there is enough floor time to accommodate this then they may be added to the schedule. Each game would then consist of all the players present and divided in to two teams for a fun game or two.
Teams may not be included in the league if it is determined there are not enough players required for travel. This will be decided before or at the beginning of the season.
Interested in Coaching?
- Coaches are always needed in all divisions!
- Coaching Clinics are available.
- For more information, please contact the Head Coach (found under the ABOUT US links above.
- All coaches over the age of 18 much submit a current Criminal Record Check.
Interested in Refereeing?
- Looking for a great way to give back to your community while earning a little extra money on the side? Referees are needed every season!
- Minimum age is 14 (second year bantam)
- Clinics are available and must be attended to obtain proper qualifications.
- All Referees over the age of 18 must submit a current Criminal Record Check.